This home built in 1892 by Lucy Bigelow Young Witt.
Front of house at sunset.
View of the home from corner.
Only blocks from downtown and recently remodeled, this home features large and open living spaces. |
This home is on the national historic registry. This link provides information on the home's history.
Click here to read the history of the Mrs. L. B. Young home. The home is also known as "Lucy."
* Original (working) pocket doors separate living and dining rooms
* Living & dining rooms both have decorative fireplaces
* Door trim reproduced exactly to match original interior details. Reproduced at the same mill. All doors feature transom light windows.
* Recessed low-voltage halogen lighting throughout.
* Living & dining room have center hanging chandeliers with reproduction cast plaster medallions.
* Door features include; East Lake hinges, doorknobs, and appropriate hardware.
* Built-in buffet restored to it's original splendor. This piece is simply amazing. The cabinet top is a single piece of old growth douglas fir and is nearly 30" wide! Rarely found in modern building practices.
* Newer dishwasher and fridge.
* Wedgewood gas range.
* Hexagon tile countertops.
* Fruit wash sink with window view.
* Double basin primary sink with double window over sink for lots of light.
* Kitchen has access to basement.
MAIN FLOOR BATH|
* Pedestal sink.
* Bay windows on 2 walls.
* Historic hexagon ceramic tile.
* Large enough lounge area to include small couch or loveseat.
* Cherry hardwood flooring.
* Many windows provide great light.
* Unique arch detail in hallway and recessed arch in wall which was original to the house and discovered during the remodel.
* Detailed trim and baseboard.
* Tremendous natural lighting and views.
* Two bedrooms feature vaulted ceilings.
* Custom built closet configurations.
* Master bedroom suite features decorative fireplace and mantle.
* Side yard features a secluded Italian style wood pergola over a brick patio
* 8x12 raised garden bed for summer vegetable garden
* Raised planter areas
* Grapevines and pear tree.
* Off-street parking for up to 3 cars
* Shrub hedge lined side yard fence
* Tree lined curbs
* Storage available in unfinished basement.
* 2 high-efficiency furnaces AC for summer cooling and winter warming.
* High efficiency windows installed through house.
* Close to public transit and freeway entrances.
* Great nieghbors.
- Monthly is $1850 + utilities
- Security deposit is $1850*. (*Not applicable as last month's rent.)
- Tenant responsible for basic landscaping and maintenance.
- Landlord responsible for critical repairs and maintenance.
- Maximum occupancy of 4 persons.
- Furnished and partially-furnished options available.
Click here to view more pictures.